Sharp Protein Marker III
Specification & Description:
The pre-stained Sharp Protein Marker III is 3-color prestained recombinant protein standards consists of 12 proteins from 10 kDa to 315 kDa. The marker mix is pre-denatured and stabilized in loading buffer, so no additional boiling is necessary before loading onto SDS-PAGE gels.
• Crystal clear : Sharp bands and stable colors
• Multicolor : easy to track on gel
• Ready-to-load : no need to boil
• Excellent Western transfer
• Monitoring protein migration during SDS-PAGE
• Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes during Western blotting
• Approximate sizing of proteins on SDS-PAGE gels
• Acrylamide gels and Western blots
• The ladder contains two green reference bands at ~50 kDa and 10 kDa and one orange reference band of 70 kDa.
• Avoid multiple freeze/thaw cycles.
• Lot-to-lot variation of the apparent molecular weight of prestained proteins is
<10% depending on the molecular weight.
• Western blotting of large (>100 kDa) proteins may need longer transfer times
or higher transfer voltages for efficient transfer.
Recommendation for Loading
• Apply 5 μl/well on mini gels and 10 ~ 15 μl/well on large gels
• For blots, apply 1 ~ 3 μl/well on mini gels and 2 ~ 6 μl/well on large gels
5 μl of Sharp Protein Marker III provide expected numbers of bands of equal intensity in SDS-PAGE (Tris-glycine buffer) and after electrotransfer onto a PVDF membrane.